Pest & Disease Control Included As Needed
Optional Deep Root Injections for Trees
Most homeowners and property managers understand the importance of a lawn program, but often overlook the ornamental trees and shrubs that make up the landscape. At Natural State Horticare we know the importance of proper tree and shrub care considering the landscape is often the single most substantial outdoor investment, and some mature trees are irreplaceable.
Our "Ornamental Tree & Shrub Program" consists of 5 treatments annually. During all 5 treatments, every ornamental plant on the property will receive both a foliar and soil drench using premium 100% organic fertilizer complete with microbial inoculation. Also during each of the 5 treatments, any plant showing signs of pest/disease will be treated with products designed specifically for those issues at no additional charge. Our unique combination of organic fertilizers, occasionally supplemented by the responsible use of synthetic pest/disease control products, results in the key benefits below:
5 Key Benefits of the Ornamental Tree & Shrub Program:
- Overall Plant Health - A state of true health can only be achieved when plants are fed the proper nutrients through both foliar and root absorption. Your plants will become naturally more resistant to all environmental stresses such as drought, pest, and disease.
- Naturally Enhanced Blooms - Instead of merely feeding flowering plants with short-lived, water-soluble nutrients once or twice per year we feed plants in a more balanced natural way. On our tree and shrub care program, you can expect extended bloom time, deeper more vibrant colors, and increased bloom density.
- Deeper Green - This benefit is hard to quantify and may not seem like an important point, but those on our tree and shrub program know, you can see the health of a plant by the rich color and turgid nature of its foliage.
- Disease & Pest Control - We live in what is known as a "Transitional Zone." This means our lawns and landscapes are susceptible to a wider range of both warm and cold climate pest/disease. It is, for this reason, most of our competitors offer tree and shrub programs consisting almost exclusively of synthetic pest/disease control. We understand the reasoning but disagree with the method. To keep chemicals to a minimum and our pollinators safe, we use a separate tank for pest/disease control taking the "as needed" approach at the first sign of an issue. Our method, along with using only the best products, allow us to manage pest/disease more effectively without the excessive use of chemicals and danger to the environment.
- Professional Monitoring - During each of the 5 treatments your plants will be monitored by a trained professional. The tree and shrub technicians are specially trained to understand each plant, its specific needs, and to what issues that particular plant is prone. In most cases, once a pest/disease is identified the technician will treat with the appropriate products and make a note for future monitoring. If an issue outside of our control, such as a broken irrigation nozzle, is identified you will be promptly notified via email along with recommendations/referrals.
We also offer an Optional Deep Root Injection. The benefits of direct root fertilization come from having the nutrients placed precisely where the plant needs them, in the root "uptake zone," and because it is applied under pressure, it helps alleviate soil compaction. Roots need room and food to grow, and this allows them to do so. Deep Root Injections are done once per year during the August treatment.